Skip to content
Medical Freedom & Human RightsManager2017-08-03T13:21:50+00:00
- Thinktwice Global Vaccine Institute
They offer the world’s largest selection of uncensored information on childhood shots and other immunizations. Because this is such an important topic, they believe that parents are entitled to full disclosure of all pertinent data, and the freedom to choose whether or not to vaccinate their children. They update this website regularly.
- The Chemical Scorecard
Created by the Environmental Defense Fund. Allows users to insert a zip code to find out which chemicals are affecting their communities.
- Doing the Right Thing – The Ethics Connection
This site does not tell visitors what opinion to have on any given topic. But it does help them consider “what to think about in making ethical decisions.” The California-based Markkula Center for Applied Ehtics,
which runs the site, hopes to create a dialogue between scholars and everyday folks who face ethical questions in their daily lives.
- 1999 – 2000 legislative session chart
- 20/20 Vision
Tips on using the media effectively
- New York State Senate
- New York State Assembly
- Piper Resources’ state and local government links
(state laws and legislatures)
- Project Vote Smart
(links to everything imaginable having to do with federal and state government and politics)
- The Electronic Activist
Email addresses for government contact.
- Child Welfare League of America
CWLA is predominantly a service provider, but advocacy opportunities exist here through an action alert area that lists current legislation with details on who to call and what to say.
Lists current legislation and both government and media contacts. If you join them (free of charge and confidential), they’ll email your messages to Congress and the media for you.
- 20/20 Vision
This organization’s offline efforts are focused on making activism easy and effective. Their “Tools for Grassroots Activists,” is a good collection of resources.
- Corporate Watch
This site collects action alerts created by other groups, offers a unique campaign (called the Greenwash Awards) that exposes environmentally unsound practices of corporations hiding behind “green” PR, and provides information on how to research companies yourself.
- Wisconsin Stewardship Network
This site includes an online events calendar that anyone can add to, interactive action alerts that people can contribute to.
- Ask Dr. Stoll
Dr. Stoll’s site contains pages on Health Freedom Issues.
- Institute for Alternative Journalism
Features stories from alternative newsweeklies, magazines and web publications from across the country, invaluble resources and national employment listings.
- Environmental Working Group
Wealth of well-researched, heavy-hitting reports to help anyone’s environmental advocacy efforts.
Tools for organizing in cyberspace, current action issues, pointers to other online activism resources.
- Corporate Agribusiness Research Project
CARP is a public interest research project, sponsored by Voice for a Viable Future, which seeks to provide family farmers, labor, consumers and citizen activists with vital corporate agribusiness accountability,
news and commentary.
- Brahma Kumaris World Spiritual University
Brahma Kumaris World Spiritual University
“The future of mankind depends on us, on each of us, each in our own way. It is our shared and individual responsibility, yours and mine. Indeed, it is only with the assistance of everyone, the support of everyone, each of us working in our own way in accordance with our means and potential that such a huge task can be accomplished. Peace is neither an unattainable ideal nor an abstract concept. It is very tangible: it is above all a right, the legitimate right of every individual to be able to develop, free from the threat of destruction, in harmony and justice, with self-respect and respect for others.” – Ambassador Jan Matenson, former Director of the UN Centre for Human Rights, Geneva.
- The Ad Hoc Committee to Defend Health Care – A Call to Action
- International Physicians for the Prevention of Nuclear War
- Student PSR Links to Other Sites
- University of California at San Francisco – Student Chapter of Physicians for Social Responsibility
- Physicians for Social Responsibility (PSR)
- The Children’s Health Environmental Coalition
- PSR’s Environment & Health Program
- National Assoc. of Physicians for the Environment
- Health and Environment Directory
- US Senate listed by name
- Citizens For Health
- American Holistic Health Association (AHHA)
- PETA-Online: About PETA: Contact Information
- Pure Food Campaign Homepage
- Townsend Center Newsletter
- Media Resource Center – HealthWorld Online
- CapWeb — The Citizen’s Guide to Congress
- People for Pure Foods – STOP the F.D.A.!
- Council for Responsible Nutrition
- NIH Consensus Development Program